Friday, May 25, 2012

Medical Mission by SAS '88

This is a very late post but still I want to share this experience. 

The Saint Anthony School Alumni Association headed by Batch 1988 has organized a Medical Mission last March 24, 2012 (Saturday) as part of the fund raising activities for the Alumni Homecoming next January 2013. 

The Batch 1988 alumni gathered these sponsors for the said event: Johnson and Johnson's, Jollibee, Magic Sarap.

Me and my nephew Darren volunteered as nurses for the Medical Mission. We were signed up by my sister Vilma which is part of the Batch 88 organizers. The stage is where the admitting area was held. The canteen was transformed to the Medical mission area. Everyone has a lot of things to do in every area, we are divided into Admitting, Medical, Dental, Blood Sugar,  ECG and Giveaways for the patient.I was assigned in the ECG station, Darren was in the Admitting section. My sister Vilma is responsible for giving goods to the patients and my other sister Ghie helped the mascot Jollibee in giving away free slippers to the patients.



Free slippers for everyone.. :)


I met Nurse Gen from Arguelles. She taught me additional information about ECG and I helped her in assisting the patients. Mostly of the patients that we catered to in ECG were elderly.


There are a lot of patients who came during the Medical Mission. We started at 8am and yet there are a lot of people already in line for the medical mission as early as 7am. After the event, every volunteer also received some goods and snacks. Despite of the hard work, heat and excitement, we had our lunch then took some pictures.

Here's Jollibee posing with the alumni of Batch 88.

Tired Jollibee... :p

There's no more rewarding feeling than doing some volunteer work and seeing a lot of people happy after helping them. :) I'm so thankful to my sister that I was able to experience this. It was a lot of fun and can't wait for the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment